Hello Beautiful!

_Mirror Mirror on the Wall, I refuse to head your beck and call.You cannot show the best of me, for

We tend to live our lives based on what we believe about ourselves, our world, our capabilities and our limits.  Where do those beliefs come from?  More often than not they come from what other people have told us; history, science, religion, culture, family.  What if they’re wrong?

– Gregg Braden

Growing up in my family we were assigned these roles.  I was the smart one.  My younger sister was the pretty one.  The Twins were just the twins – mirror images in looks but opposites in actions.  My fourth sister was blond and so different.  My youngest sister was the pest, and my baby brother was the spoiled boy.  I went through most of my life believing that I couldn’t be both pretty and smart – it was a choice, so because I was smart according to everyone, I couldn’t be pretty.

Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality.

– Earl Nightengale

Since I also had the belief that it wasn’t safe to be seen, I didn’t mind not being pretty.  It is interesting how I have always reacted to compliments that are not about my being smart.  If someone comments on my photo for example it makes me uncomfortable because  it went against an unconscious belief from my childhood.  I always felt like they were not being honest, but just being nice.

Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

– Deepak Chopra

It is kind of funny, but Facebook has actually helped me to release most of this belief.  It has happened in a strange way, because a lot of men try to use Facebook to meet women.  I am sure that this has happened to most of you.  Complete strangers want to be your Facebook friend.  It never occurred to me that this would happen because they were interested in me, I thought it was because they read my posts and liked them.  So when I would get personal messages that indicated what they were really after I was shocked.  Now I screen my friends requests, but it did help me to release this belief.  These men and one woman (lol) didn’t know me, so they weren’t just being “nice”.  They saw something that attracted them.

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, I no longer liked being judged by what I look like at all.  I have places within me that a mirror will never see at all.  And they are spaces of true depth and beauty for me.  There are those in my life, that helped me discover those wonderful truths, I was once to scared to uncover.  But now that I have stopped judging myself by what you show.  I am freeing my true beauty and see just how deep it goes.

–  from Butterflies and Pebbles

It is kind of funny how our perceptions can literally change things.  They did this study years ago they called Pygmalion in which they were going to give this class an IQ test.  The researchers told the teacher that 5 students who would perform the best.  The teacher wasn’t told that these 5 children were just randomly picked.  From the teachers perception these were the 5 brightest students.  The test confirmed that these 5 students were the best in the class.  The teachers viewpoint impacted those students.  Something in the way she taught, the feedback she gave, something she did, made those five students “smarter”.

What we are told as children, from our parents, our teachers, our friends and relatives – what the expectations are for our behavior – subconsciously they motivate us to make them true.  Whatever negative beliefs you have about you, you filter through life’s experiences to make them come true for you.  You get what you expect.

The mind and the body are like parallel universes.  Anything that happens in the mental universe must leave tracks in the physical one.

– Deepak Chopra

The great news is that once you recognize what these unconscious beliefs are, you can change them.  This morning I had to wait for the Microsoft upgrades to finish before I could finish this post.  Every month or so, your computer gets program upgrades.  In this same way, we have the ability to give ourselves program upgrades.  We can change our reality by changing our beliefs.  By having new expectations.

The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart.  The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace.

– Carlos Santana

When we heal damaging beliefs about ourselves, we remove limitations which are restricting our personal growth.  If you feel like you are pushing the boulder up a hill about anything in your life right now, examine what your beliefs are around what you are trying to accomplish.  Realize that this belief is not true.  That it probably came from a childhood experience that you then spent every year since proving was true.  And now you have the opportunity to release that belief and upgrade to a new program or belief.

Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.

– Carl Jung

It is amazing how everything changes when you do this.  It is like the hose was turned on full blast, but because you had a kink in the hose, you were only getting a drop or two at a time.  Releasing the false belief, unkinks the hose, and your life rushes forward in the direction you were trying to go.  That boulder you were pushing uphill turns into a sled sliding down the hill at top speed.

As soon as you awaken to the power you have, you begin to flex the muscles of your courage.  Then you can dream bravely:  letting go of your limiting beliefs and pushing past your fears.  You can start to come up with a truly original dream that germinates in your soul and bears fruit in your life.

– Alberto Villoldo

So I encourage you to find one limiting belief you have, release it as a misunderstanding, and upgrade that belief into something that serves you.

Sheryl Silbaugh

I am married with 4 grown children who are all married and currently have 14 grandchildren and two great granddaughters. I work fulltime as a Director at Bank of America and I am the founder of LemonadeMakers.org, which is a website and Facebook page dedicated to personal transformation and growth. We all have life's lemons show up in our life, this website helps us to make them into lemonade.

Powered by WishList Member - Membership Software