Specialize In The Impossible
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power to they have to change it.
Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion .
Impossible is not a declaration. It is a dare.
Impossible is potential.
Impossible is temporary.
Impossible is nothing.
– Muhammad Ali
Every great invention and every great exploration is great, simply because at one time, it was considered impossible.
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
– John Heywood
Consider the cell phone you have in your pocket:
1) From a phonograph with vinyl records, to CD’s to my Ipod – I can now carry around 1,000’s of songs on the cloud downloaded to my cell phone
2) From the telegraph, to party line phones, to land lines with expensive long distance rates, to a cell phone that started out in a large box, to what we now carry around in our pocket – we can call anywhere in the world for just pennies a call, and I can talk with family members all over the world at the same time and see them “live” with Skype
3) From old fashion manual typewriters, to electric typewriters, to word processors, to desk top computers, to my cell phone where I can text or email someone anywhere in the world and they get it in a minute.
4) From pony express mail, to mail delivered via planes, trains, and automobiles to email delivered to my cell phone
5) From the black and white TV to technicolor, to High Definition to 3D – I can now watch movies on demand, or TV shows when I want to (on demand) on my cell phone
6) From the camera on my phone I can record, download to YouTube and become a famous person, making my own videos.
I could go on to describe so many things that we now take for granted, that just 100 yrs ago would have been considered impossible. So when you think that you are in an impossible situation, remember the words of Muhammad Ali, impossible is just temporary.
All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life whey will say you’re not good enough or strong enough or talented enough. They will say you’re the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO. A thousand times no. Until all the no’s become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no. Quite firmly and very quickly, AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES!
It is an opportunity to think outside the box and consider the possibilities instead. Impossible is not a fact., it is only an opinion. So stop thinking that something can’t be done and instead wonder why not? The only limits to your dreams are the ones that you self impose. In fact, it is when you are in the middle of doing the impossible thing, that you suddenly find yourself.
There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
– Paulo Coelho
When I was a kid they had a show on T.V. called “Mission Impossible”, which later became a movies series. Every assignment was impossible to do, and somehow they came up with a way to be successful. When you have a dream that others think is impossible they will think that you are crazy. The will ask you why you want to try to do such a thing – it is risky, it is dangerous, it is impossible. But once the impossible thing has been done, then they want to know how you did it. What’s your secret?
Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
– Francis of Assisi
So many of us have lived through unimaginable tragedy’s in our life. If we can look at what we are capable of being and doing, it gives us hope. We have hope that so many of the things we see wrong in our world, can be made right. Nothing is impossible, unless we simply decide to live in the world that we have been given. If we decide that someone’s opinion is now a fact, and that we don’t have the resources or potential to change it.
What we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible is rarely a function of our true capability. It is more likely a function of our beliefs about who we are.
– Anthony Robbins
What gives me hope is that no one that reads this, is one of those kind of people. You are the people who know in your heart that impossible is a dare to do something about it. That impossible is potential that you are going to harness and make something fantastic out of it. The impossible is no-thing, that it is nothing.
There is nothing impossible to him who will try.
– Alexander The Great
Together we can change the world, because for us, nothing is impossible. We can end world hunger. We can end poverty. We can end terrorism. We can end diseases and addictions that take away our loved ones way too early in life.
What we need is more people who specialize in the impossible.
– Theodore Roethke