Cocks Not Glocks

The new mantra at the University of Texas? ‪#‎CocksNotGlocks‬

I can honestly say that if my child was entering college this year, they would not be going to the University of Texas at Austin, Texas.

With all of the college shootings we have had, the tragic loss of life and emotional scars that those that were shot or were those who were standing next to them as the shots were fired – this ruling makes no sense to me.

“‘You’re carrying a gun to class? Yeah well I’m carrying a HUGE DILDO,'” Jin says in the group’s description. “Just about as effective at protecting us from sociopathic shooters, but much safer for recreational play.”

If the one student in Arizona that shot four people and killing one young man had not been carrying a gun, the altercation that broke out might have had a few cuts, bruises, and maybe a broken bone. It is extremely unlikely that he would have killed someone, creating the trauma for the families of the young men he wounded and killed, ruining his own life, his family forever impacted by what he has done.

It doesn’t make hundreds of students attending the school feel any safer. And they are protesting it in a unique way, with signs or sit-ins, but by “strapping gigantic swinging dildos to our backpacks.”

The professors are not happy about either, some in protest are leaving the school, saying they don’t feel safe to continue teaching there.

There have been incidents in every war where a soldier is killed by friendly fire. Our own government accidentally bombed a Doctors Without Borders site just a few days ago, and 12 medical workers and seven patients are dead. Police have accidentally killed innocent bystanders and their own. What do we think will happen putting guns into the hands of students with no training and then have a killing rampage start from some mentally ill person? How many more lives will be lost, how many young people will be living with the knowledge that they accidentally killed someone trying to protest themselves?

What do you think?

http://www.chron.com/…/campus-carry-ut-austin-dildo-dildos-…

Sheryl Silbaugh

I am married with 4 grown children who are all married and currently have 14 grandchildren and two great granddaughters. I work fulltime as a Director at Bank of America and I am the founder of LemonadeMakers.org, which is a website and Facebook page dedicated to personal transformation and growth. We all have life's lemons show up in our life, this website helps us to make them into lemonade.