“Your wish” is the star hanging high in the night sky. Whether it comes true or not depends on one thing and one thing only: how faithfully you keep it in sight. In order to achieve your wishes you will need to learn to think outside of the box. Here are some ideas on how to do so:
• To think outside of the box it is necessary to turn off your internal filter that says this idea is a bad idea. When you are thinking outside that box all ideas are good ideas.
• Create now, criticize later.
• Go off in tangents. I have found the best websites when surfing on the internet and I could not even begin to tell you how I got there. This is what you have to when thinking outside the box. Just follow the wave and don’t worry if you don’t think that it is going where you thought you had to go. Go along for the ride and see where it takes you.
• Create time and space for creating. Innovative companies such as google allow their developers 20% of their work hours to create ideas that could become products. You need to schedule time as part of your daily or weekly work load time to sit and generate creative ideas for your business, as well as things you want to accomplish at home.
• It is best to collaborate with others and create the group genius effect. Then you can separate out aspects of the ideas for each person to work on and meet back weekly to check in with each other to see how the ideas are evolving. As you develop the ideas you will see areas that should be developed further and what areas are in fact dead ends.
• Expect it to take time to bring the ideas off the paper and into the working world. The Wright Brothers – if they hadn’t experimented hundreds of times with the wings, they never would have realized how the concepts of pitch, yaw and roll could be controlled with a moveable rear rudder and not crash the plane. It took several years to actually take a flight going from a few seconds and feet with their gliders to adding power and being able to fly for an hour with 40 miles an hour as speed.